Santa Spritz is a delicious and festive holiday cocktail! This mixed drink begins with layering pomegranate juice, cranberry juice and vodka and topping off with club soda. This fresh and fruity drink is garnished with rosemary and frozen cranberries.
Get ready to up your cocktail game, people. This smoked rosemary and blackberry whiskey sour is a show-stopper and tastes even better than it looks!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
Up until this moment, I've been giving you some basic cocktail recipes. All the usuals. The classic cocktails. Which are good to know.
Now though. Now, I'm getting all fancy on you. I can't help it. I keep seeing these smoking cocktails and I had to make one! I think you'll love the refreshing taste this drink offers and how fun it is to make and serve.
I can't wait for you to experience the aroma of this smoking whiskey cocktail and then taste how refreshing this combination of fresh fruits is. I think you're going to love it!
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This recipe is quite simple! You only need 5 ingredients.
Here's what to gather before you're ready to mix this drink:
- Whiskey. Jack Daniels is good. The sour goes well with the charcoal and it's not too sweet.
- Fresh blackberries. You'll want to use fresh not frozen so you get a good amount of juice and which will add flavor and color to your cocktail.
- Fresh rosemary. This serves multiple purposes. It's a pretty garnish, adds a lovely flavor and aroma, and you'll be lighting it to further enhance the aroma and really heightened the experience of enjoying this crafted cocktail!
- Simple syrup. You can make your own by dissolving 1 part sugar with one part water or you can purchase simple syrup ready to go to save time.
- Honey. This is completely optional. If you want to replace some of the simple syrup with honey for an additional layer of flavor, you can!
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
If this is your first time ever making any kind of craft cocktail though—don't worry. You can still pull this off. Just follow the steps and you're going to find that this is easier than it looks and is just as delicious as the drinks you order when you're out.
Here's what to do:
- Muddle the blackberries.
- Add whiskey, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Strain into a glass over ice.
- Add rosemary garnish.
- Torch rosemary.
★ Tools You'll Need ★
There are a few special things you might need, which include:
- Cocktail shaker and muddler set - If you don't have one, you can also use a mason jar or any glass and a fork to press into the blackberries to break them up and release the juice.
- Strainer - A small-screened strainer or sieve works best.
- Culinary torch - You can certainly just use matches or a lighter too!
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
If you're just getting into cocktail making at home, there are some great classic recipes you'll want to try.
Looking for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink ideas?
This Smoked Rosemary and Blackberry Whiskey Sour cocktail recipe was featured in South Your Mouth!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice chilled
- 1 cup cranberry juice chilled
- ½ cup vodka chilled
- 4 oz club soda chilled
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- In a pitcher, pour in chilled pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, and vodka. Stir to combine.
- Divide frozen cranberries between 4 highball glasses.
- Pour an equal amount of vodka-cranberry-pomegranate juice mix into each glass.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of rosemary then top off each glass with a splash of club soda in each.