This Chicken Parmesan Lasagna is a quick and easy weeknight meal that's filling and delicious! A twist on traditional lasagna. Layered with crispy chicken, tomato-based marinara sauce and Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. Freezer-friendly too!
Two classic Italian dishes come together in this fusion. Chicken Parmesan + Lasagna is a match made in heaven!
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
It's hard to believe but you only need 5 ingredients to make this chicken Parmesan lasagna.
This dish serves 4 so it's perfect for family dinner.
You can make ahead and freeze or throw this together last-minute and bake. This requires just 10 minutes of prep!
This delicious, easy dinner seems too good to be true but it's totally possible. Here's how...
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
You seriously only need 5 ingredients to pull off this delicious dinner!
Here's the line-up:
- Lasagna noodles. You can use oven-ready noodles to save time. Or boil and drain traditional lasagna noodles if you prefer.
- Marinara sauce. You can use any marinara sauce, but my absolute favorite is Rao's sauce. It's pricey but so so worth it. If you can't bear to drop that kind of cash on a sauce though, I totally understand. Go with what works for your budget. However, if it's amazing flavor you're after, keep in mind, Rao's is the key to happiness there.
- Chicken. You'll want to go with boneless chicken or be sure to remove the bones if using traditional fried chicken. I use frozen crispy chicken tenders.
- Mozzarella cheese. Pre-shredded cheee is a great time-saver. You can use Mozzarealla slices, pearls or shred your own cheese if you prefer.
- Parmesan cheese. You can use shredded or grated Parmesan. I've use a Parmesan blend with Asiago and Romano cheeses and that works really well to add additional flavor.
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
Everything cooks in one dish in just a few simple steps.
Lasagna, one of the original casseroles! You've gotta love a meal that cooks all in one pan.
Just like you'd expect, this lasagna is made up of layers, starting with marinara sauce. Then lasagna noodles are layered in. You can pre-boil your noodles or take the lazy route and use the oven-ready lasagna noodles like I do. If you're using the oven ready noodles, then you just lay them right on top of the sauce layer, uncooked. They'll cook in the sauce as this lasagna bakes.
After the lasagna noodles, you'll layer in slices of cooked crispy chicken. I really like the frozen Air Fryer chicken. This is pre-cooked so you can simply defrost it to room temperature or defrost on half-power in the microwave then layer it right in.
Of course we also need the Parmesan cheese. And that's just what gets layered next. Parmesan cheese — you can use grated or shredded — and shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle those on top of the chicken pieces. The cheese helps sort of seal in some crispness.
Then you just start all over with the the sauce, lasagna noodles, chicken and cheese layers until you have two layers of chicken and three layers of noodles topped off with some sauce and cheese.
Easy prep, storage and clean up. Everything gets layered into one 8x8 baking dish and bakes in the oven. Cover with foil to store leftovers. It doesn't get much easier than that!
★ Tips & FAQs ★
Can I use grilled or non-breaded chicken instead?
You get that bready texture when you use crispy chicken. The breading is signature to the classic Chicken Parmesan dish you know and love.
However, if you want to skip the breading, you can absolutely use non-breaded chicken instead.
This lasagna makes a great meal to share. It's freezer friendly and appeals to most taste buds.
This unique chicken Parmesan lasagna recipe is perfect for sharing a meal with new moms, someone recovering from surgery, grieving a loss, or to welcome a neighbor to the neighborhood.
This dish is freezer friendly however if you're cooking from a solid freeze, you'll just want to add about 12-15 minutes to the bake time, covered. Or bake until the center is hot.
This lasagna stores well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store in an airtight contain and reheat using the microwave, loosely covered.
The lasagna is freezer friendly for up to 2 months. You can freeze before or after baking but before baking is recommended for best flavor and textures.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love a yummy yet easy dinner?
Then you'll love some of my other recipes!
Be sure to Pin your favorites for later!
This easy 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna was featured on South Your Mouth!
Chicken Parmesan Lasagna (5 Ingredients)
- 24 oz Marinara sauce
- 6 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 4 pieces crispy boneless cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 heaping tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Spread about ¼ cup marinara sauce inside of an 8x8 baking pan, evenly covering the bottom of the dish.
- Add 2 lasagna noodles on top of sauce.
- Microwave crispy chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes to defrost if using frozen chicken. Thinly slice chicken into bite-sized chunks then layer on top of noodles.
- Take about ⅓ of the mozzarella cheese and 1 heaping tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle evenly over chicken pieces.
- Repeat layering process again until you have completed two layers of chicken, then top off with a third layer of just noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375˚for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot!