Everything Bagel Veggie Pizza! The appetizer that’s so good you’ll want to eat it from breakfast, lunch or even dinner too!
New Twist on a Classic Recipe
This is a spin-off recipe of the classic cold veggie pizza appetizer made with crescent rolls and topped with cream cheese and raw veggies.
Here we’re just using pizza dough for a thicker, more bagel-like crust, and instead of seasoning with our old friend Ranch dressing, we are calling in another classic seasoning blend for the job. Everything Bagel seasoning. Yumm-o!
Where to find Everything Bagel seasoning?
This has become quite a popular topping so you can actually find it in the herbs and spices section of pretty much any grocery store.
Trader Joe’s may have made this most famous so if you’re lucky enough to live close to a Trader Joe’s you can snag the original Everything Bagel blend.
Or, if you can’ find it anywhere else, there’s always Amazon. Shop Everything Bagel seasoning on Amazon
Could you use Crescent rolls instead?
If you’re a fan of the classic recipe and can’t fathom changing it toooooo much, then by all means, go ahead and use the crescent rolls.
What’s the difference? Well crscent rolls are going to give you a chewier, puffier crust with a bit more sweetness too.
Using pizza dough will give you a still chewy texture but will be more dense yet still soft. Very similar to a bagel.
Both work really well so go ahead and spring for what you are feeling, or try both and see which you like better.
Why whipped cream cheese?
Just because it’s easier to spread. The texture is a bit lighter as well so if you’re not into that, it’s ok to use regualr cream cheese too. You just might have to do a little more finagling to get it all spread out over the whole crust of this veggie pizza.
Can you substitute other vegetables?
Sure! If you’re not a fan of these, or want to use up what you have left in your fridge, you can truly use any combo of veggies.
If you like a bit of spice, then you can chop up raw onions and sprinkle those on as well. Or, if you want a bit of bite but in a more mild way, chopped green onions are a nice middle-ground.
Missing the ranch?
If you just can’t imagine making a veggie pizza without ranch seasoning, then go ahead and mix in a 7oz packet of dry ranch season (used to make dressing) with the cream cheese. You can still top things off with Everything Bagel seasoning. The two will go together just fine.
Can you make this veggie pizza ahead of time?
You can make this ahead of time and chill for up to 2 hours but I wouldn’t make it the night before and let it sit overnight in the fridge just because the dough may start to get a bit soggy and the veggies might loose a bit of their crisp. If possible, this will taste best made fresh.
Want more easy appetizer ideas?
This easy recipe for Everything Bagel Veggie Pizza was featured on South Your Mouth!
Everything Bagel Veggie Pizza
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough 13.8 oz
- 12 oz whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup matchstick carrots chopped
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- Everything Bagel seasoning to taste
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lined or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 400˚for 10-12 minutes or until crust is firm in the center. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Chop broccoli, carrots and bell peppers. Stir in optional chopped raw onions if desired.
- Using a spatula or knife spread whipped cream cheese over the top side of the baked pizza crust.
- Cut pizza into 24 squares then top with vegetables, evenly spread out across the top.
- Finally, add Everything Bagel seasoning to taste. (It's OK to go heavy!)
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve or serve fresh.