You'll love this easy, 30-minute Mediterranean-flavored skillet meal! Seasoned ground turkey, tomatoes, potatoes come together in one pan, layered with flavor from rich feta cheese, mint and fresh lemon juice.
Ready to try something new a fresh for dinner? This is just the recipe for you. Easy to prep, ready in 30-minutes, one pan. This Mediterranean turkey skillet dish might become a fast favorite.
★ Why You'll Love this Recipe ★
You'll love the fresh, exotic taste of this Mediterranean turkey skillet dish, featuring crisp potatoes, browned ground turkey, blistered grape tomatoes, Mediterranean spices and rich feta cheese.
Using ground turkey makes this dish refreshingly lean and healthy.
This skillet meal is made all in one pan, and is ready in 30 minutes. Quick enough to make on a weeknight.
★ Ingredients You'll Need ★
This blend of main ingredients plus spices is nothing too unusual but the flavor layer together really nicely and using frozen potatoes really saves time.
Here's a look at what you'll need:
★ How to Make this Recipe ★
This dish comes together in one pan, in just a few steps.
Here's a quick look at what's involved. You can get the full recipe, further down.
★ Tips & FAQs ★
What's the best skillet to use for this recipe?
If you don't already own one, a cast iron skillet is great for this type of dish. The cast iron helps hold in heat so your potatoes will cook more evenly and will get a bit more flavor than using a nonstick skillet. They even come preseason and with free shipping (important because they are heavy!)
Tip: If using a cast iron skillet, you may need to add extra oil as needed. Turkey is low in fat so you won't get that natural nonstick barrier like you would with beef.
You may even want to consider going half turkey and half beef for this reason or for a different flavor.
Recipe Inspired by My Hala Kitchen
This recipe is inspired from a dish I found in the My Halal Kitchen cookbook after looking for something to make with turkey, mint and parsley which is what I had on hand.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store in an airtight container.
This dish can be frozen and reheated. Store in a microwave-safe, airtight container for up to 4 months in the freezer.
★ More Recipes You'll Love ★
Love Mediterranean flavors?
Me too! Browse all my Mediterranean-inspired, easy recipes. Be sure to Pin your favorites for later!
Does easy clean-up sound nice?
Mediterranean Turkey Skillet
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ½ cups frozen diced potatoes (half of a 32oz bag)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean spice blend
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Add oil, potatoes and onion to a large skillet. Toss to coat potatoes and onions in oil.Heat skillet to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Push potatoes off to the side and add ground turkey.*Stir and cook turkey until lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, then add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Season the entire dish with Mediterranean spice blend and lemon juice then remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in mint and parsley and combine all the ingredients in the skillet together.Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese.