You’ll love this one-pan Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet. It’s an easy dinner idea that tastes amazing and can be made all in one pot—or a cast iron skillet in this case.
Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet with Pan-roasted Brussels Sprouts
This simple 6-ingredient dish has everything you need for a complete balanced dinner. Protein, a veggie, some carbs, and a familiar and yummy sweet and tangy sauce.
A chicken skillet dinner made quick and easy with a few shortcuts.
First shortcut is using cooked chicken. You can use any type you’d like. I really like the flavor or rotisserie chicken and when you pick up a warm and fresh chicken, you don’t have to re-heat it much.
If you’re into the crispy coast, you can use crispy chicken tenders or nuggets. Or even cut up a couple chicken patties which is great is you have little kids, then you can make a few plain chicken patties for them to keep on the side without sauce.
The next shortcut is the sauce. You could make your own honey mustard sauce, and feel free to do so if you’d like, but I find it really convenient to pick up a bottle of honey mustard dressing and voila, your sauce is done. There are a variety of brands to choose from so choose your favorite.
What’s in this honey mustard chicken skillet?
Well, as you guessed honey mustard and cooked chicken. You can used leftover chicken, grab a rotisserie chicken or quickly grill some chicken breast to use for this recipe.
This skillet dinner becomes much like as casserole when you add fettuccine noodles and a vegetable—in this case we’re tossing in pan-roasted Brussels sprouts! But really, you can use any veggie or combination of veggies you’d like.
A little sea salt and olive oil are needed to cook the Brussels but other than that, that’s all the ingredients you’ll need to pull off this easy dinner. Perfect for weeknights.
How to cook everything in just one pan.
First cook your pasta. Any kind of pasta works but I’ve chosen to use fettuccine noodles I just think the sauce coats these noodles nicely but go with whatever shape you have or would like to use. So cook the noodles in the skillet or dutch oven, then drain and set aside.
Next using the same pot, Add the olive oil and halved Brussels sprouts (or any veggie you choose), and pan roast but stirring while you cook over high medium-heat to get some nice browned, charred parts for extra flavor!
Once roasted, remove those veggies, return the noodles to the pot, add your honey mustard sauce and cooked chicken and heat everything together. Finally top with your roasted veggies and serve.
Easy! And one one pan to clean up.
Want more easy dinner ideas?
This easy recipe for honey mustard chicken in a skillet was featured on South Your Mouth!
Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet
- 8 oz fettuccine noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 12 oz frozen or fresh Brussels sprouts, each cut in half
- 16 oz honey mustard dressing
- cayenne pepper optional for spicy mustard flavor!
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken rotisserie chicken or use leftover chicken
- In a cast iron skillet or dutch oven, cook noodles according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat olive oil over medium-high, and then add halved Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with sea salt and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until then are soft and have some golden brown spots. Remove cooked Brussels sprouts when done and set aside.
- Return cooked noodles to pan and add honey mustard dressing. Add cayenne pepper to taste (optional). Add cooked chicken and bring to a boil. Toss to coat everything in sauce then reduce to simmer and cook long enough to heat up cooked chicken as needed.
- Finally remove from heat and top with roasted Brussels sprouts before serving.