Pizza bagels are so fun! They are individual size so everyone can add their own custom toppings.
These delectable little homemade pizza bagels are one of my faaaaaavorite dinners to make and eat. So many reasons. Tied for the most important reason are: they’re super easy to make and the kids will eat them. Also though, they are 100% customizable so everyone gets to make their own little pizza bagel loading up on whatever toppings they want. Anything my kids make themselves, they enjoy. So this right here is a healthy and delicious example of that little psychological trick I picked up on as I slowly get the hang of this mom thing. So feel free to get creative here but below you’ll see my favorite way to prep these cute little pizzas.
Lil’ tip: For easy clean up (especially if the kids are making them and are getting a little wild with the cheese!) I recommend using silicone baking sheets. They are great for making cookies too and that’s why I actually got them, but I now use them for almost everything since they’re much easier to clean than the actual baking sheets.
Homemade Pizza Bagels
- 2 plain bagels sliced in half
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ¼ cup pepperoni
- ½ cup fresh mozerrlla cheese diced
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- Place bagels face up on a baking sheet
- Layer fresh mozzarella on each. Sprinkle garlic salt and Italian seasoning evenly over each bagel half.
- Layer on diced tomatoes and pepperoni. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 425˚ for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese it melted.
- Top with fresh basil and serve warm.