This easy crockpot chicken tortilla soup is simple and tastes great! Made with rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken and lots of healthy veggies plus taco seasoning. A touch of sour creamy gives it a creamy flavor. It's so easy to make this soup using your slow cooker.
This easy crockpot chicken tortilla soup is so delicious and so easy it literally cooks itself!
Always a Crowd Pleaser
You can serve it for dinner, lunch or even take it on the go. It makes a great take-to-work lunch so we usually make a big batch so there’s plenty of leftovers. We actually find this to be a perfect soup to take to tailgates during football season too!
Make it spicy or mild.
This chicken tortilla soup is simple yet full of flavor and everyone seems to always loves it. You can add extra heat if you like spice or keep it mild if that’s what you prefer.
This crockpot chicken tortilla soup is super easy to make.
Don’t let the long list of ingredient intimidate you; it’s all stuff you’ll likely already have on hand.
Pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken to cut down the cook time. This soup cooks in just 1 hour in the crockpot if you start with a warm, fresh rotisserie chicken.
Try the Bear Creek Tortilla Soup starter.
Want a little more flavor? Try using a Bear Creek Tortilla soup starter. It can be expensive so you can also just add more chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder to taste OR more taco seasoning to taste.
While you’re here, get more easy recipe ideas:
Browse all my soup recipes
Get inspired! Look through all my recipes and pins the ones you want to try!
Need a crockpot?
For easy clean up, try using crockpot liners.
This crockpot chicken tortilla soup recipe was featured on Inspire Me Monday!
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken, picked
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 oz black beans
- 4 oz green chilies or 1 chopped jalapeño
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup cheddar cheese as topping
- ½ cup sour cream as topping
- tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips as topping
- 1 avocado chopped
- Remove rotisserie chicken from bones and chop or shred then add to crockpot. Add a few of the large chicken bones to add flavor to your broth (we'll remove them later).
- Add chicken broth chopped onion, tomatoes, corn, beans, green chilies (or jalapeños), and taco seasoning to crockpot. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 hour with your slow cooker set to high or 2 hours set to low.*
- Serve hot topped with sour cream, cheese, fresh avocado and tortilla strips or chips.